Pregnancy cause a series of changes in the women’s body, and this continues even after child birth.
There occurs a postpartum thyroiditis in women. That is inflammation of thyroid gland after delivery of the baby. It occurs 4-8 months after delivery and lasts up to 9-12months.
1 out of 10 women have thyroid after the delivery and a lot of them do not understand the changes, either they get diagnosed wrong or they are unaware of the issues behind the problems.
Women keep searching everywhere to know more about the changes in their body. Some women have never has thyroid issues before ,but after pregnancy the problem starts. Others may have experienced thyroid before pregnancy.
Let’s have a quick look at the things revolving around pregnancy and thyroid:
- Women gain a lot of weight post pregnancy, have hair fall, experience depression, anxiety, and more. All these kind of changes are linked to the thyroid hormone.
Thyroid hormone is very vital because it is involved in controlling various metabolic function of body like hair follicle growth, regulating proteins and mucopolysaccharides synthesis. So its extremely important to check the levels of thyroid hormone on a regular basis both during pregnancy and post pregnancy. For normal metabolic functions the thyroid hormones need to be in the normal level range.
- If there is an enlargement of thyroid gland during pregnancy, it is a normal condition. But if the enlargement persists after delivery, it is important to check that.
- Thyroid disorders are of 2 types; hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. According to studies about 5 percent of women with hyperprolactinemia have hypothyroidism.
- What is hyperprolactinemia?? It is a condition which occurs during pregnancy and elevates after childbirth due to breast feeding. It is common in 15percent of all anovulatory women.
- Hypothyroidism is usually permanent, so it is very important to have prevention rather to have cure.
To help you manage your hypothyroidism holistically, &Me has launched &Me ThyroDiet, Thyroid Tea.
&Me ThyroDiet tea has a unique nutritional formula:
- Tyrosine and Iodine, when consumed, work together to produce T3 (1T + 3I) and T4 (1T+4I), enabling the thyroid gland to balance T3/T4 levels in the body
- Guggulu and Kachnar, Ayurvedic herbs, help increase absorption of Iodine in the body, for production of T3 and T4. Today’s stress and lifestyle changes these days have reduced the body’s ability to absorb available nutrition.
- 15 other ingredients that help manage symptoms of thyroid including improved metabolism, weight loss and energy. Natural. No side effects.
Shop This Story