Summertime is here and so is a slew of skin care issues. Oily skin, sunburn, sun-tan, rashes, acne and roughness – all become so common during summers, isn’t it?
You are what you eat. Proper food is the panacea for most of the skin problems. So it becomes important to add certain foods that have the ability to balance the heat and toxin release from the body and maintain the glowing skin during summers.
Today, we will share top 5 ideas and explain how they help to get the best summer skin possible.
The basic principles of summer food are:
1. Hydration: Consistent need to hydrate the body as summer heat leaves to water evaporation from the body directly and water loss in the form of sweat. Therefore there is a need to lock the moisture inside the body.
2. Water-rich and fibrous foods: Intake of water-rich, antioxidants and high fiber foods to enhance the metabolism rate of the body.
3. Avoid saturated fat: More the fat intake, the more acne pop up. Saturated fat like red meat, butter and cheese – all lead to acne on the skin during summers. Foods that can provide cooling effects help to alleviate such a problem.
4. Replenish essential micro-nutrients: Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B9, B12, A, C & E and Minerals: Biotin, Niacin, Iodine and Zinc – all have their contribution to glowing skin during summers.
5. Avoid direct sun between 10am and 4pm as UV index is the highest during this time period.
Here are the 5 best foods to glowing and youthful skin during summers
1. Watermelon and Lychee to the rescue
The best part of summers is that it brings a lot of cool fruits with it! Watermelon is 92% water. It is not just sweet and juicy, it is also rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. Lycopene, an antioxidant present in watermelon, makes you less likely to get the sunburn. It is sufficiently rich in Vitamin A, B6 and C, which aid your skin stay smooth, soft and graceful.
Similarly, summer fruit Lychee helps in anti-ageing of skin, reduces sunburns and blemishes.
Kiwi, bananas, strawberries and apricots are some other cool fruits that help during summers.
2. Aloe Vera Beauty
Aloe Vera is a natural laxative and collagen builder that has a wide range of benefits from lowering the blood sugar level to heartburn relief. Aloe Vera is 96% water, contains the essential amino acids and Vitamin A,B,C and E, all required for the human body.
Eating aloe vera skin or drinking its juice improves digestion and maintains good bowel health. And skin health is a prominent indicator of gut health.
Tomatoes are rich in potassium and Vitamin C. Lycopene, a nutrient that takes care of anti-ageing is found naturally in tomatoes. They also help make the skin during summers even-toned and fight the cellular damage.
A detox drink with turmeric blended in can do wonders to your skin! Turmeric has some inherent anti-inflammatory properties and acts as a natural blood purifier. It also has antioxidant properties that slows the ageing by improving the skin health, heart health and cognitive abilities of your brain.
Rich in vitamin C, lemon is the most easily available citrus fruit. Lemons act as antioxidants to fight the damage by free radicals and make the skin during summers rejuvenated by reducing wrinkles and spots. Lemon water has other add-on benefits like strengthening the immune system, better hair quality and energy booster.
Skin care is important as it is the biggest barrier against any infection possible. And the best way is to consume the best food available.
&Me, a brand that caters to women’s ayurvedic health and nutrition has specially crafted Beauty for Glowing skin drink that contains as many as 24 powerful ingredients including 9 Vitamins & 6 Minerals(30% daily nutrition), Watermelon & Lychee (for hydration), 5 Ayurvedic Super herbs(like Aloe Vera, Turmeric, Neem leaf), Copper & Grape Seed extract (to detox blood). Try now!
Shop this Story